The power of endorphin
Mad props to all the eCommerce sites we’ve used as case studies in this project. They’re great examples of how to run your business in a user-friendly way and get amazing results.
Even though, so far, we’ve only used insights showing areas where they could improve, there are lots of areas where they were already delighting users.
ASOS made this user feel like a million bucks by showing her videos of the clothes she wanted being modelled on the catwalk:
“That’s pretty good… that’s really good!” exclaims this user when ClickMechanic automatically generates a quote for the repairs he needs:
Schuh made this user feel like she was walking on sunshine by showing pictures of what her chosen sandals like on a person’s feet:
Lovehoney showed this user a good time by having such an excellent mobile site, he didn’t even miss his desktop:
Satisfaction isn’t about feeding your design vanities, it’s about bringing joy to users by making their lives easier. They’ll notice and keep coming back for more.
ASOS, ClickMechanic, Schuh and Lovehoney improved their sites and online sales with user experience testing
In previous sections we’ve already gone over the results these eCommerce sites achieved with remote UX testing. But just to remind you, here are the highlights:
- Conversion rates increased by 24.55%, despite a 60% increase in mobile traffic
- Overall revenue increased by 115.34%
- Conversion rates increased by 50%, rising from an average of 1.6% to a peak rate of 2.4%
- Volume of calls into ClickMechanic's call centre fell by 14.2% —despite an increase in site traffic
- Increased smartphone conversions
- Improved the user experience across 6 international websites
When you watch users in action, you know exactly what keep, ditch or improve. You’ll know how to give them a bigger hit of endorphins than summer sun on the beaches of Seychelles.